LSTM are pleased to offer the NHS a 15% fee discount on the following courses:
- Short Courses* - http://www.lstmed.ac.uk/study/courses/short-courses
(One exclusion applies. A 3-day course entitled "Life Saving Skills & Emergency Obstetric Care" due to the practical nature of the course and the limited number of students allowed per cohort)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTS ARE ONLY APPLICABLE TO SELF-FUNDING STUDENTS IN THE 2019/20 ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY (unless stated otherwise)
Northern Progression Discounts 2019/20
Following 2 years of our successful North West Progression discount. We are delighted to enlarge on this and cover the North of England.
Are you from the North of England or have you studied in the North of England? We would love you to stay and continue your journey at LSTM. We offer a 20% Discount for students to progress to Masters level study.
Studying for a taught postgraduate course can increase your skills and knowledge to assist in your chosen profession, and increase your employability prospects.
Eligible students must be based, or have studied in the North of England. This consists of the following Counties:
- Greater Manchester
- Tyne & Wear
- North Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
This is also applicable for Intercalating Medics/Vets studying in these locations. Not applicable if in receipt of NHS Bursary.
Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 2019/20
We are delighted to announce a special £1,000 discount for HESA fundable students on our Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene programme (DTMH).
Eligibility criteria is limited to:
- Home / EU students who do not have an equivalent or higher level qualification (ie. Masters). All qualifications are checked with NARIC to ensure fundable status. Your UK MBBS is classed as a normal UK Undergraduate degree with honours and is not an equivalent or higher qualification to DTMH.
- You are in receipt of Disability Student Allowance (DSA) – even if you have an equivalent or higher level qualification.
This is a highly sought after programme with limited places. We therefore recommend an early application and meeting of your conditions of offer in order to secure your place and benefit from this offer.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the following rules will apply:
- This is available only for the DTMH programme in the 2019/20 academic year.
- Discount is not transferrable to other academic years if the applicant defers the application beyond the 2019/20 academic year.
- There are a limited number of places available in line with the number of funded places we receive. We will inform all applicants when this limit is reached. Early payment to ensure receipt of the discount is advised.
- Discount only available to self-funded students.
- No prejudice is incurred if payment made by agreed instalment plan. This is offered over 4 months with 4 equal amounts.
Alumni Loyalty Tuition Fee Discounts
We value the life-long relationship with our alumni and continuum of learning throughout your careers. In order to support you, we offer the LSTM Alumni Loyalty Tuition Fee Discount on all our taught programmes.
|Course / Programme||Level of Discount Available|
|Professional Diploma (DTMH, DTN, DSRH, DHA) graduates progressing onto MSc Programmes||20% Fees discount|
|MSc graduates wishing to study a Professional Diploma||10% Fees discount|
|MSc / Professional Diploma graduates wishing to study on LSTM Short Courses (CPD)||10% Fees discount|
|Module short courses wishing to study on Professional Diploma or MSc Programme||10% Fees discount|
|Other Short courses that are not MSc modules (LSS EOC, Lab Diagnosis courses, Travel Health, Distance learning CPD, bespoke inhouse courses) wishing to study on a Module, Professional Diploma or MSc Programme.||5% Fees discount|
|Online Courses previous students who wish to study another Online course||15% Fees discount|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
What does Wholly Self-Funding mean?
You are self-funding if you are paying all of your tuition fees yourself. This includes support from a friend or relative or in receipt of a career development loan or Postgraduate Loan from the Student Loans Company.
What does partially Self-Funding mean?
This means you are in receipt of partial funding towards your studies. This funding can include:
1. Funding from your employer
2. Partial Fees paid for by a third party where you have applied for funding (Company, NGO, Charity, External Scholarships, etc…)
How does this work? Please see examples below:
Alumnus A wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £19,250 (overseas). Alumnus A is successful in winning a Merit Scholarship (£10,000 fee discount). The net fee is therefore £9,250. The 20% Alumni discount is then applied to the self-funding component. (20% of £9,250 = £1,850). Alumnus A is self-funding and is required to pay £7,400.
Alumnus B wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £8,900 (Home/EU). Alumnus B is given an Alumni Loyalty Tuition Fee Discount of 20% = £1,780. The net fee is therefore £7,120.
Alumnus C wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £19,850 (overseas). Alumnus C has partial funding from an external charity of £10,000 towards the tuition fee. The net fee is therefore £9,850. The 20% discount is then applied (20% of £9,850 = £1,940). Alumnus C is self-funding the remainder and is required to pay £7,880.
Alumnus D wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £19,850 (overseas). Alumnus D has full scholarship funding from an external organisation covering full fees. No discount applies for fully sponsored students.
Discount Terms & Conditions
*Any discount on tuition fees is not transferable.
*Double discounts are not allowed (eg. Northern Progression Discount & Alumni Discount)
*Students in receipt of a Discount cannot concurrently apply for a Scholarship
*LSTM does not permit fee discounts to be used for any other purpose.
*LSTM reserves the right to change or cease any of the discounts offered at any time.