LSTM offers the following range of discounts:
LSTM are pleased to offer NHS staff a 15% fee discount on Short Courses.
One exclusion applies – the discount is not applicable to the 3-day course on ‘Life Saving Skills & Emergency Obstetric Care’ (due to the practical nature of the course and the limited number of students allowed per cohort).
Alumni Loyalty Tuition Fee Discounts
We value the life-long relationship with our alumni and continuum of learning throughout your careers. In order to support you, we offer the LSTM Alumni Loyalty Tuition Fee Discount on all our taught programmes.
|Course / Programme||Level of Discount Available|
|Professional Diploma (DTMH, DTN, DSRH, DHA) graduates progressing onto MSc Programmes||20% discount on fees|
|MSc graduates wishing to study a Professional Diploma||10% discount on fees|
|MSc / Professional Diploma graduates wishing to study on LSTM Short Courses (CPD)||10% discount on fees|
|MSc / Professional Diploma graduates wishing to study on the online Professional Diploma in Travel Health||15% discount on fees|
|Other Short courses that are not MSc modules (LSS EOC, Lab Diagnosis courses, Travel Health, Distance learning CPD, bespoke inhouse courses) wishing to study on a Module, Professional Diploma or MSc Programme.||5% discount on fees|
|Online Short Course previous students who wish to study another Online Short Course (this is not applicable to online MSc, Diplomas or MSc modules online)||10% discount on fees|
Northern Progression Discount - updated 3 July 2020 - this discount was limited by budget and is now fully used up. As of 3 July 2020, this discount has been suspended.
After 3 years of our successful North-West & Northern Progression discounts, we are delighted to confirm this will continue for MSc applications for September 2020 commencement.
If you are from the North of England or have you studied in the North of England, we would love you to stay and continue your journey at LSTM.
We offer a 20% discount for students to progress to Masters level study. Studying for a taught postgraduate course can increase your skills and knowledge to assist in your chosen profession, and increase your employability prospects.
Eligibility Criteria is limited to:
- Students must be based (home/family address), or have studied, in the North of England. This consists of the following Counties:
- Greater Manchester
- Tyne & Wear
- North Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
2. Students Fee Status classed as home
3. Student does not have an equivalent or higher-level qualification than the Masters they are applying for. All qualifications are checked with NARIC to ensure fundable status.
This is also applicable for Intercalating Medics/Vets studying in these locations. Not applicable if in receipt of NHS Bursary.
Please be advised that this discount is subject to a cap which is limited by our funding. When this cap is reached, this discount will be discontinued and all offer holders will be informed. Offer holders will also be informed when the cap reaches 50%.
Frequently asked questions
What does wholly self-funding mean?
You are self-funding if you are paying all of your tuition fees yourself. This includes support from a friend or relative or in receipt of a career development loan or Postgraduate Loan from the Student Loans Company.
What does partially self-funding mean?
This means you are in receipt of partial funding towards your studies. This funding can include:
1. Funding from your employer
2. Partial Fees paid for by a third party where you have applied for funding (Company, NGO, Charity, External Scholarships, etc…)
How does this work? Please see examples below:
- Applicant A wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £20,500 (overseas), they have previously studied the DTMH at LSTM and qualify for alumni discount. They are successful in winning a Merit Scholarship (£10,000 fee discount). The net fee is therefore £10,500. The 20% Alumni discount is then applied to the self-funding component. (20% of £10,500 = £2,100). Applicant A is self-funding and is required to pay £8,400.
- Applicant B wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £9,250 (Home/EU). Applicant B is eligible for the Northern Progression Discount which is 20% off the tuition fee = £1,850. The net fee is therefore £7,400.
- Applicant C wishes to study a MSc where the normal fee is £20,500 (overseas). Applicant C has full scholarship funding from an external organisation covering full fees. No discount applies for fully sponsored students.
Discount Terms & Conditions
- Any discount on tuition fees is not transferable.
- Double discounts are not permitted
- LSTM does not permit tuition fee discounts to be used for any other purpose.
- LSTM reserves the right to change or cease any of the discounts offered at any time.