LIGHT is a six-year cross-disciplinary global health research programme funded by UK aid, led by LSTM working with partners in Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Uganda and the UK.
LIGHT aims to provide new evidence on the effectiveness of different gender-sensitive pathways and approaches to health for those with TB in urban, HIV-prevalent settings. The initiative will contribute to improved health, socio-economic and equity outcomes and efforts to stop the spread of TB.
A short film about LIGHT
The LIGHT team
LIGHT’s partners are:
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) UK
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) UK
- African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) Kenya & Malawi
- Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI) Uganda
- Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (MLW)(link is external) Malawi
- Respiratory Society of Kenya (RESOK) Kenya (formerly Kenya Association for the Prevention of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, KAPTLD)
- Zankli Research Centre (ZRC) Nigeria